PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

~Firefighter to the Rescue~

 All in a days work for firefighter "Seth" of the Winters Fire Department. A call came in that a  little kitty had climbed all his way to the very  top of the electrical post and could not get down....just like in a old movie when the Fireman would come to the rescue of the kitty in a tree, but this kitty was up in the phone wires.....
 Poor little kitty was hanging on for dear life....see kitty on Seth's shoulder.
 All the way down the ladder to safety, no more tight wire walking for this little guy....
A big purring thank you from kitty...

Seth is our daughter Bernadette's boyfriend, he is such a great person and so sweet and kind and loves being a Firefighter especially on days like these...Yep, all in the days work as a Firefighter (kitty's need saving too).
These photo's were taken from a Mobile phone. What a phone can do these days is just amazing.
Have a sweet day my friends!

[signature.gif]

12 comments:

Connie said...

I have always applauded our firefighters, EMTs and policemen, sugar. I'd say Bernadette has a KEEPER and had better not let him get away! What a sweetheart he is.
xoxo,
Connie

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

That is so nice.
- Joy

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Awe....how sweet...

Vee said...

What a great guy!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

I lovely lady. I love the story about the Firefhter to the Rescue~~ So sweet of him !!! Ever year on 9/11 I go to see our Fire dep. with a big Chocolate Cake for them.. I love my Fire Dep. I hope you and your lovely family are having a Great Week !!! I just post my new Tablescape to day.
xxoo
Diane

BECKY said...

Awww. how sweet Elizabeth! I was in a busy shopping area today, and on the four lane road, at the intersection, a large soft shell-ed turtle was trying to cross. I knew he would get run over, so I pulled into a parking area and was off to rescue him. When I was able to peer over the hedge of the lot, I saw, much to my delight, a local police officer had stopped to take him to safety. It really blessed my heart to see this big guy intervening, and saving the turtle.

Sweet joys of life!
Love to you!
Becky

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh how sweet! What a great guy! Tell him that all the kitty cat lovers out here in blogland think he is a real hero!!!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Hello you two!
Such a sweet guy....
your lucky to have him around.
Hugs, Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Cindy said...

Your daughters Seth is a real live HERO! What a lovely thing to do, poor little kitty!
Hugs, Cindy

Beverly said...

It's great to see that firefighters still rescue animals.
Your daughter must be proud of her compassionate and handsome firefighter boyfriend.

nannykim said...

This is so funny. I wonder how often this happens! (I had had bunion surgery when I was 16 so I knew the surgery would hurt. This time they removed that joint since it had disintegrated and they have fused the bones together--so they are in the process of growing together which takes about 8 weeks or so. I am half way there!)
ps. nice bath too

Dawn said...

So sweet! I had to show my daughter because she always wants to call the firefighters to "rescue" our cat. He always manages to help himself though. My brother is a firefighter too and it amazes me how calm he is under pressure. Happy Mother's Day!
Dawn