PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 27, 2011

~Well Hello, it seems like Forever~

 A really big HUG and Thank You to each and everyone of you who left Gary and I  a note asking where we've been. September, October and November just flew by for our family, my Dad became very ill and was admitted  to intensive care and suffered a Gandmall Sezier and a blood vessel burst in his brain...Thank God and to all the prayers, Dad is doing Great and there has been no paralysis.

Also a family trip to Hawaii was taken for a week (I will share pictures and a story or two with you in a later post)

There was a baby shower for my niece, four birthdays, our two daughters moved that we helped with, some remolding of the house (I will share later with you in a post) and Gary "Retired". 
So there you have the last two months in two short paragraphs...Whew I'm tired!

I finished two quilts one for Dad and one for Mom. Dad's is called "Plaid Dad" I found the pattern in "Quilt Magazine" the Oct/Nov 2011 issue. It was more work then I thought, but I really like it..and Dad did too! My Dad is a hunter so I wanted a hunting theme quilted on top. I started googling  quilt designers and  found the hunting pattern you see on the quilt. It was the perfect pattern for my Dad.
You can click to enlarge any photo if you like..




 For the back I used a green and white plaid flannel, nice and warm.

 For Mom's quilt I used her favorite color blue. For the quilts inspiration, I used from "Quilter's World Magazine" August 2011 issue the pattern "Scarlet Delight".





And of course I had to make pillow cases...I also made some for Dad but forgot to take a picture of them before I gave them to him...Oh well .. Ho Hum, silly old me..

Thank you again for your kindness in asking how we've  been, you know who you are..and I love you!
I will be visiting just as soon as possible. Know I have been thinking of you all and keeping you close in my heart. You are all very dear to me and I have missed you so much.

Our family has so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving Day! We were truly blessed with Dad's recovery..

Joining in today with Susan ~ Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday ~

~Kim Savvy Southern Style WOW Us Wednesday~

~Bunny Jeans Decor and More Bunny Hop Wednesday~

~Honey 2805 A Potpourri Party every Friday~

~Courtney French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday~

~Sherry The Charm of Home Home Sweet Home #43~


[signature.gif]

30 comments:

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Your quilts are amazing! I love how you found the hunting quilting pattern. Amazing!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Glad to hear your dad is ok! Both quilts are so fabulous!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Glad you are back. Amazing quilts...so beautiful, I know your parents must have been thrilled. So happy to hear your dad is recovering.

Our Country Bungalow said...

Your quilts are stunning! Just beautiful....

I am glad you're back.

~cathy

Vee said...

Wow. You can take all the time you want to begin explaining that paragraph. What a lot you pack into a sentence. I am so glad that things are turning around for your dad and that he is doing so much better without any paralysis. What a fantastic quilt you made for him and for your mother, too. Gifts of time. You were born to quilt, I do believe.

Tracy said...

Welcome back, glad to hear your Dad is doing so well. Your quilts are just gorgeous!

Cindy said...

Dearest Elizabeth,
You are amazing, girl!!! Your quilts are gorgeous, just fabulous!!! Your folks must just love them. Life does get very busy, doesn't it. I'm so glad to hear that your dad has recovered, God is so GOOD!
You have been busy though, with those quilts. Glad to hear from you, sweet lady.
Love and hugs, Cindy

Chris said...

Hi Elizabeth.
It is so good to see your post. You HAVE been a busy girl! The quilts are wonderful. Love, love, love the "Plaid Dad" quilting.

So happy that your dad is on the mend.

Best to you all, Chris

Rhondi said...

Hi Elizabeth
The quilts you made are really great. I love the blue one of course, but the one for your Dad is sensational. It's so hard to make masculine quilts. That one is perfect and the quilting patttern with the wildlife looks like it was custom designed for it. I'm glad to hear your dad is okay.

Unknown said...

Funny you should write today, as I have been down with surgeries & illness. I was reviewing WHOM I needed to catch up with & you are clicked.

So sorry your Father had to go thru this but glad to hear he is doing well. Love his quilt, unique stitching.

Your Mother's Dresden blue quilt is fabulous!

Yes you have been busy, my friend. Just glad to know you are fine. Now you & hubby can chill in his retirement ... altho I want to tip you off, chilling doesn't happen often. Chuckle!

Have a great week.
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Ana said...

Oh Ms. Elizabeth,
Can't say I didn't worry there for a moment...It has been a while. I'm very happy to hear that you are okay and that your Dad is doing well. Sounds and looks like you've been one very busy bee...The quilts turned out beautiful. Great job. Welcome back my sweet friend. Sending tons of hugs your way.

Blessings,
♥Ana

Diane said...

Loving that blue quilt. Both quilts are beautiful. Glad you father is getting better. Following you. Diane

Catherine Holman said...

What a sweet blessing that your dad is doing so well considering what he's been through. Your quilts are fabulous and congrats to Gary on his retirement!
Hugs,
Cathie

Melinda said...

Glad to hear that your Dad is getting better!
The quilts look great too. They will be enjoyed.

Take care.

melinda

Karie said...

I have wondered where you were. I am so glad everything is ok, and your Dad is doing better. You do an amazing job with your quilts. I really admire them. I have done a a few quilts, but nothing like yours. Thanks so sharing your beauty. Hugs, Karie

Susan McClaskey said...

Your quilts are outstanding. Beautiful work.
Best,
Susan

Sarah said...

I always enjoy seeing beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing yours.

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

You are such a talented quilter. Thanks for sharing your workmanship with us at the Bunny Hop.

Debra

Kathy said...

So nice to see you back -and what a busy time for your family. Your quilts are amazing -Your Mom's is beautiful and your dad's is unique. How neat that you also make pillows

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Elizabeth!

Sorry to hear about you dad but I am glad to hear that he is recovering. I had wondered where you were since you stopped partying at my Bunny Hop.

The quilts are amazing! They make such wonderful family keepsakes.Thanks for sharing :)

xoxo Bunny Jean

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Elizabeth!!! YOU are a natural when it comes to quilting. OH WOW!!! Is what I am saying here as I read your beautiful post. I am in awe, especially knowing that you are new to quilting. wow!!!! So glad to hear that your father is progressing...God Bless him and your family.

Keep your chin up...you have been soooo busy.

love you,
Becky

Honey at 2805 said...

You make the most stunning quilts, Elizabeth! What wonderful gifts they make for your parents. So happy to hear you Dad is better! Thank you for linking this to Potpourri Friday!

The Charm of Home said...

So glad your Father is doing well. Your quilts are amazing! I just love each of them so much! Great job! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Karima said...

Wow your quilts are amazing! Your newest follower, Karima

nannykim said...

Glad things turned out well in the end! You never know what a day or year may bring forth, that is for sure. Beautiful quilts as usual! Helping people move---This past year we moved ourselves, and our two sons (individually)!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Wow Elizabeth, your quilts are a work of art. so glad that your dad is o.k. You really have had a hectic two months. Glad you're back!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I am so pleased to hear that your father is doing well. What a scare it must have been for your family.
Your quilts are simply beautiful! what a lovely gift to give your parents! Something you have made is always one of the dearest gifts.
Mona

ChaChaneen said...

Praise the Lord that your precious Dad is healing so well. A scary time, indeed! Looking forward to all the newsy posts that will be coming and your quilts are absolutely beautiful! Lurve the hunter theme!

Beverly said...

Glad to hear your Dad is better. You are becoming quite the quilter. Quilts for both your Mom and Dad is quite an accomplishment and each so perfect for them. You picked great fabric for a "manly" quilt and the machine quilting is fantastic. Blue being my favorite color, I fell in love with your choices for your Mom's quilt too.

Beverly said...

Glad to hear your Dad is better. You are becoming quite the quilter. Quilts for both your Mom and Dad is quite an accomplishment and each so perfect for them. You picked great fabric for a "manly" quilt and the machine quilting is fantastic. Blue being my favorite color, I fell in love with your choices for your Mom's quilt too.