PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, September 8, 2008

~ New Moth Orchid Plant ~

This weekend while Gary and I were at Lowe's were spotted this beautiful "Moth Orchid". I love white flowers and plants they have such a pretty glow. We decided to try our hand at growing a Orchid plant. The attached leaflet said its a fast robust grower and easy to grow, so we shall see!. I will keep my fingers crossed.
It sure has a beautiful soft cluster of flowers. For now we have the orchid sitting on our dinning room table.

6 comments:

Gone said...

Beautiful...and oh, how I love orchids.

They, however, cause my allergies and asthma to flare up...so they will NEVER live at my house. :-(

Anonymous said...

That is such a pretty orchid. I too love white flowers. Heck I love any and all flowers,lol. I sure do hope you are able to grow it well.

Your house is so pretty and a pretty flower like that looks at home.

Hope said...

Just a thought, if your dining room is shady most of the time, the plant will be happy but it won't bloom for long. Orchids do great in sun or shade, but for blooms make sure they get the sun. :) It's a beautiful plant!

Glenda said...

I have only been able to sustain one orchid ever.
It sits on my kitchen window ledge and it seems to like it there. All others I've managed to kill sadly.

Ciao

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I adore orchids and yours is a beauty! Two of my sons are managers at Lowe's. One in Texas and one in NC, so I am a big fan of Lowe's :-).

Your home looks so cozy. We use the same colors in decorating.
Penny

Marja Kristiina said...

Hi there Elizabeth! Thanks so much for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment (AND to take part in my giveaway)! New acquaintances always make my day!

LOVED your post about orchids. They are so exquisite and definitely among the most beautiful flowers ever.

Have a lovely weekend!