PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

~ Petite Tea Cups ~

As my family and friends know, I collect teacups of any size, pattern or color. I especially love three legged teacups, they seem to be harder to find these days so when I see one I get very excited!. There is a story behind so many of my teacups and teapots. My friends and family have helped with my obsession of collecting teacups and I thank them!. Just a few to share with you today are some of my petite teacups, they are two inches small.



The teacup on the right with the pink flower inside was a gift from my dear friend Jackie for my birthday. I love this little cup the detail scroll work is just beautiful and it's a three legged teacup. Funny thing happened the weekend of my birthday Gary and I went antiquing at one of my favorite shops in Modesto and low and behold there was one so similar to the one Jackie bought me I just had to buy it, and so I did.




I have a tea room full of teacups and treasures. The room is right off of the front room. I have been adding things lately to this room and will share them with you very soon. Another sweet gift for my birthday was this petite tea light it stands 3 1/2 inches small and look it's red!.

Wishing you all a tea lightfull day!
Elizabeth

8 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your petite tea cups are beautiful! I have never seen the three legged cups before. They are adorable.
Hugs,
Penny

SueLovesCherries said...

They are soooo beautiful! I love the RED teapot, too!

Funny, I just purchased an odd 3-leg cup and saucer recently at a thrift shop. I think I'll show it on Vintage Thingies Thursdays tomorrow! Come check it out!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, they are all so pretty! Love the one with green clovers and the pretty tea light! Lovely collection!

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

HI Elizabeth, thank you for stopping by....yes computers are always changing and that's MY problem!! I think they were made for the YOUNG! You sure have some pretty tea cups! Well, have a great week!
xxxooo
Marilyn

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Elizabeth; First I want to thank you for the very kind and heart felt comment, it means more to me than you know... Now I am in love with all of you sweet little tea cups. I too collect them with tea pots. I can't wait to see your tea room...

Hugs;
Alaura

Catherine Holman said...

How pretty! I've collected several teacups over the years too.
Hugs,
Cathie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cups! Thanks for sharing!

Happy Pink Saturday! X Es X

Norbridge Antiques said...

Your cups and saucers and indeed your entire blog is so inviting and beautiful. Many thanks.