PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, April 26, 2009

~ Fresh Picked Strawberry's ~

On the way home from shopping on Saturday, we stopped off at our favorite little strawberry field right by our home. The strawberry's are picked daily and if they run out someone will pick as much as you want right from the field behind the little strawberry hut. So with nine baskets of delicious fresh strawberry's sitting on my lap while Gary drove, I said to him how about "Strawberry Pie". Now coming from me those words are hardly spoken since I never have time to bake. But that very moment in time something crazy came over me!
I baked, well sort of I used the frozen Marie Calender pie shells.
Of course washed and sliced all the strawberry's, and added the strawberry glaze.
And "LOOK" what I did, I made two pies. Oh yes I did. Gary was in shock, I called Mom and Dad and said stop by after Church I have a surprise for you. Mom was in suspense, when they arrived I opened the refrigerator door and said do you see something!... Mom was so happy! One pie for Mom and Dad and one pie for Me and Gary. Oh, I forgot one of the best parts to show you the whip cream of course.

17 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've just been standing at the sink EATING strawberries! heehee! They are so yummy this year and I am planning to make waffles tonight to top with maple syrup and strawberries! Kind of a dessert supper! lol

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Looks fabulous Elizabeth!! Can you send me a piece - ;)

Our strawberries will be ready about the end of May - can't wait!
Have a blessed weekend! Cathy

Unknown said...

Yummmy looking; I want an extra splat of whipped cream, please.

Anonymous said...

What yummie looking pies!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I added myself to your followers because you have such a nice blog and I don't want to miss out on your next blog post. If you would like to follow my blog, just click on my followers too.... Hugs, Jennifer

Martha said...

Stop by Linderhof, I have something for you.

Nancy Yoakum said...

Those look scrumpdillisious (sp?)
Oh...how I love strawberries. You did a good thing, and made many tummies happy! I love your red round placements, those are so cute! Are they April Cornell by chance?

Catherine Holman said...

Elizabeth,
These look fantastic! I don't make crust either, but the refrigerated, not frozen, one's taste like homemade. You just put them in your pie plate and no one is the wiser!
Hugs,
Cathie

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I can't wait till the strawberries are ripe this year. We still have a while to go. But, you have made me quite impatient.

Happy@Home said...

Those strawberries look so delicious and your pies do too. What a wonderful surprise for your parents.

Vee said...

What a nice surprise for your parents. Those pies look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my newest bear addition. I'm still wanting one of those pies!!! they look wonderful!!!! I love all the molding you have in your home, it just adds alot of charm to a home. I have some in my carousel living room but we never did the other rooms yet. Take care, hugs, Jennifer

Susie Homemaker said...

OH yes,
Whipped cream on mine please...

Blessings,
Susie

sandy said...

Not only does the pies look great but I love the photos of them!

I forget how nice your blog is, must put you on my blogroll.

Betty Jo said...

Lord love a duck! Those look incredible Elizabeth. I've never made a strawberry pie. Perhaps I will give it a go. ♥

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth!! Pop over to my blog, Your strawberry pies inspired me to think outside of the box when it comes to making my Faux treats!!! hugs, Jennifer

Domestic Designer said...

What beautiful strawberries and what yummy looking pie! I need to go bake! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Back again... to tell you I left you something on my post today. Hop over, pick it up and enjoy.
Jane