PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, April 18, 2009

~ Ricky Nelson ~

What can I say about the boy I was going to marry (when I was 12) I loved him so!. I even wrote him letters. What a silly girl!.
I would receive these post cards in a manila envelope in the mail every time I would write. I have kept them for over 40 years. Of Ricky alone with his guitar I have four.
The family picture I have two.
And of his wife two. O.K. at 12 I didn't know he was married. It crushed my little heart!. Oh to be so young and innocent.
Now as the years went by I had a crush on Donny Osmond. I even saw Marie speak at a meeting once, just hoping to see Donny. But my first crush will always belong to Ricky Nelson.

6 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

He was a cutey! When I was 12, I was in love with Dean Martin! Really! I thought he would wait for me until I turned 18. He had to be in his 40's, but I didn't even think about the age difference!
Hugs,
Penny

Unknown said...

OMG, I used to write to Ricky too when I was 14 and I didn't know he was already married either!

Isn't it great to have such wonderful memories? Thanks for sharing some of them.

Jane

Vee said...

You did have wonderful taste. I loved the Nelsons, but I was most especially fond of the parents.

Anne Fannie said...

I never had a crush on Ricky but I remember having crushes on cowboys on TV shows like Maverick and Sugarfoot. Then when I became a teenager it was the Beatles. Its been a while since I visited your blog so I got caught up on everything today.
~Ann

Charmingdesigns said...

I'm with you on this one!! laurie

Betty Jo said...

OMgosh! I so loved Ricky Nelson. Wasn't he just the best? A very sad loss the day the world lost him. ♥