PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, August 29, 2010

~Great Room & Art~

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Today I'm going to show you the other half of our living room/great room. In the previous post I showed you our T.V/family room, as I had mentioned in that post we have 700 sq ft of living space, with in that I had to make three liveable and functional spaces.
 In these last two spaces we created a formal dinning room and ladies visiting room. Remember our home is a very open floor plan, almost like a loft with everything in one room. 
Gary and I both enjoy our collection of art work that we have purchased through the years. I will show you a few of your collections hanging in the dinning and ladies visiting room.  
Please come in and stay awhile I always enjoy visiting with you.

In the last post I had a seashell wreath that I had made hanging above the bench, I moved it and now it's hanging in our bathroom. I know silly me, I' am always changing things around. Above the bench now is hanging this lovely cottage photograph taken in England, I love the thatched roof and the red door!. Gary purchased this photo  as a surprise gift for me while on work travel and had it shipped home. He really did surprise me! (he's such a sweetheart)




Moving on around the room the formal dinning area was placed right by the three windows that face outward towards the back yard pool and waterfall, I painted the table top white it use to be stained brown. With the two table extensions and the extra chairs we have we can comfortably seat 12 for dinner. The large painting in the dinning area is a Kincaid.



The Ladies Visiting Room, may I offer you Tea or Coffee with dessert?


The wall you are seeing has many of our favorite artists paintings or photographs displayed. The theme is "Cottages and Gardens" I would love to live in any of these cottages and stroll through their gardens. Come closer and I will show you the cottages and gardens.



The three painting above are by Dwight Hickman. Gary and I had the pleasure of meeting him in person. A delightful man! and so talented.. I have a few more of his paintings in mind to purchase for the master bedroom.


 I crossed stitched this little Welcome cabin in the woods sign years and years ago... to many now to remember (is this a sign of old age)LOL


These ever so lovely photographs were a gift from the very talented and sweet Monica, you can visit her here at "The White Bench". Monica is not only a photographer but she makes the sweetest teddy bears I have ever seen. Monica lives in Italy and I am so happy to have meant her through blogging.
I won Monica's give away in witch the winner was able to choose two photo's of their liking. I was so excited I think you could have heard me scream!. If you do not know Monica please go over to Italy and visit her at "The White Bench". I know you will love her as much as I do.

 
I chose the cross stitch "M" and flowers in the wash bowl because the letter "M" is the first initial of our last name and also that the "M" was crossed stitched and I love to cross stitch. It was just the most perfect photo for me to have in our home.
 
Isn't this garden just so welcoming! and look there are red flowers all in bloom.. and you all know how much I love red.
 
A closer look at Monica's photographs

The little bear in the card is one of Monica's creations 
 

Monica also put into the gift package as a surprise this Christmas wreath ornament she made for the "Green craft Magazine" the wreath was published in the current issue (volume 3). Thank you so much Monica for your talent and friendship!. The photographs bring me "joy" every time I see them and that is every day!
Today I am  linking up to Cielo at (Show off Your Cottage Monday) This is my first time linking, I hope I did it right. It was fun, I hope you try it sometime.

P.S I think I might be having some trouble with the size of my photo's. If they seem to be cut off to you, please let me know and if you would like to see them larger just click on the photo to enlarge.

Home is Where the Heart is ~ and any where you are is home~
[signature.gif]

27 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It is so lovely! I love all of your art. I love the way you have made several rooms out of one!
Hugs,
Penny

Connie said...

Elizabeth!!! It's just so lovely I can't even put it into words, honey. You've done a magnificent job with the new house. I LOOOOVE the cottages prints and may just have to go find some to hang in my house also. Where did you get them?
xoxo,
Connie

A Southern Rose said...

Your home is so beautiful. I love how cozy and warm it feels. I love your artwork too.

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You did a wonderful job with your space...just breath taking!

Melinda said...

Loved the tour. Everything looks
so welcoming.

Melinda

Becky said...

Thanks for the tour! Can't wait for the next rooms!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Beautiful, Elizabeth. I love the homes in the artwork. Just lovely.

Happy@Home said...

You are such a gracious hostess to let us in to see your beautiful home. I love all of your art work. I remember seeing thatched cottages when I was in England and thought they were fascinating.
I also love your curio cabinet. It makes a real statement and you have done a lovely job of accessorizing it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth! Oh, your home looks so beautiful and I've enjoyed seeing your art! Those cottage prints are just so lovely.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Your layout in this room is so lovely! What I would give for a room this size. The red and white of the bench fits perfectly with the painting you chose to place there. I'm so enamored of your home!
Brenda

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your room is lovely...I am crazy about your cottage art. Gorgeous! Wish I could sit in the ladies parlor and have a cup of tea with you!

Rebecca Nelson said...

I'm loving it all my friend. You have created a warm, cozy atmosphere that calls out to friends and family to stay and linger long.

Beautiful!

Love to you~

Rebecca

Vee said...

You really have created a beautiful, welcoming home with what some would consider a daunting amount of space. You're a natural!

AntiqueChase said...

Very warm and cozy... oh and I love the pillow with the red 'm' on it!!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

My gosh, Elizabeth, your rooms are not only functional...to be used and enjoyed, but just gorgeous to boot. You have mixed the woods..:) (I love it!) and every square inch shouts "HOME"..exactly what I like! WONDERFUL!!!

Thank you for stopping by! It's always so nice to see you. It isn't easy getting around to all the blogs, I know! I struggle and stress!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs!
Mona
Mona

Cindy said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Your artwork is gorgeous! I adore the cottages, they are so special. Your home is very cozy looking, I could move right in! And, I love coffee with dessert, but it will need to be decaf please! Very sweet post, love it!
Isn't Montana the most amazing state EVER?!? I ooo and awaw over it every time I pass through it. The painted canyon was beyond GORGEOUS! I don't know if I got photos of it, but what a treat. God has some imagination. It is so good to know that He loves beauty, I don't feel so bad when I long for it like I do. =o)
Hugs, Cindy

Little Emma English Home said...

Elizabeth, thank you so much for your lovely words and for passing by....I'm so happy to discover new friends and new amazing blogs!! This room is stunning!!

Hugs,
Zaira xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elizabeth, your new home is gorgeous! Our dining room chairs are very similar to yours! :)
Love all the paintings too. Just beautiful!
Wishing you a lovely day,
Zuzu

Anonymous said...

Hello Elisabeth,
You have a dream house. Thanks to share with us your beautiful space.

Dena said...

Elizabeth, I am in love with your space! I absolutely love all of the angles that you have used, and the art work...sigh...it is just stunning. I am eyeballing my space now and thinking about some new ideas! The white curtains are perfect too! I could gush on and on but seriously you have done an amazing job!!!!!

Hugs,
Dena

Monica said...

Elizabeth,
thanks for your nice comment and for letting me know! I'm glad you enjoyed everything. Unfortunately, due to a baaaaad connection, I'm not able to see your pictures... will try again soon!
Hugs for now,
Monicaxoxo

Monica said...

Ooooohhhhhh!!!! Your home is wondrous!!!!! What a GREAT job you've done, Elizabeth! Beautiful touches everywhere, I do love the pops of red and the white bench ;)). Thank you for such a lovely post about my gifts, I'm very honored for what you said, and happy you liked them. You chose the just perfect photographs for your 'cottage' corner...
Big hugs,
Monicaxo.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your beautiful art and the way you have it arranged on the walls! Your rooms invite you in...I love it! ♥

Lallee said...

Elizabeth, it all looks wonderful. You have done a fast job settling in. It looks like you have been living in #12 for a while. I love your collection of framed cottages. Thank you for the tour!
♥Lallee

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Every single inch of your home is yummy... I LOVE it. So warm and inviting. Per.fect.ion. LOVE it.

Big 'ol hugs,
Spencer

PS... the word verification word? Housa..... I say YOWZA Housa! :-)

Molton Hearts said...

Just thought I would say hi, and that your blog is great !! I see you love English Cottages and if you look on my blog my parents live in a lovely thatched cottage, we live in Devon, England.

Your photos and house are lovely.

Vicki x

Sophia Bell said...

Thanks for sharing, a great art work is done by you.
Interesting,you have best collection of House Plans,Home Plans, Floor Plans and Home Designs.