PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, August 17, 2014

English Ivy Lace Door Panel

 Good, Good Monday Morning to you! I hope everyone is well and happy! First off I want to thank everyone for all your sweet and wonderful comments on our Daughters Wedding to Seth. Bernadette read your comments and was smiling from ear to ear!

I am a bit behind on my visits to you, but I do have a really good excuse, I opened on ETSY Shop! and it took me for ever! I mean for ever! I thought I would never get done. I named the shop Designs by Auntie Em. I am still making things and adding as I complete the items. I listed the ETSY on my side bar, so if you'd like to take a peek I would love for you to.
I know many of you have shops on ETSY how is it going for you?

Now on to my post about "Lace"
A few posts back I shared our laundry room with you and the door that leads to it. During remolding Gary and I choose a glass door, that at time seemed to be the right choice, until I ran into it (I'm a bit clumsy LOL)
Smack into the glass, I was not happy...
 So to remedy my clumsiness and for my love of lace, Gary put up a lace door panel for me and I love it!! It almost matches my lace window curtains. I tried to find and order a door panel to match them, but no such luck.
I did find the English Ivy pattern from Heritage Lace and its a pretty darn close match.
The light changes many times during the day so the light shining through the lace gives the lace different appearances throughout the day.

 A before shot without lace curtain
 And now with lace curtain
The lace looks light and airy in this picture with all the light
 A look from inside the laundry room

 A few close ups of the pretty English Ivy and Lace door panel

 Even the trim is pretty I think. I have always been found of lace and so this curtain makes my heart sing and the best thing is, I will not run smack into the door again!!! LOL
 Shiloh how did you show up on this post, you just never know where this little Aussie is going to show up. We love our baby!

Have a wonderful, wonderful week!

Linking up this Week to the following Blog Parties:

Susan-Between Naps on the Porch-Metamorphosis Monday

Kathryn-The Dedicated House-Make it Pretty Monday

Cindy-Dwellings-Amaze Me Monday

Julie-Redhead can Decorate-Inspiration Monday Party

Brenda-Cozy Little House-Tweak it Tuesday

Marty-A Stroll Thru Life-Inspire Me Tuesday

Kim-Savvy Southern Style-WOW Us Wednesday

Jann-Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson-Share Your Cup Thursday

Alison-Nancherrow Life at our House-Fridays Unfolded

Courtney-French Country Cottage-Feathered Nest Friday




26 comments:

Becky said...

Nice touch!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Hi Elizabeth, I'm so thrilled you found my blog and now I know yours! Your home is beautiful and I've enjoyed looking at many pictures and past postings as well! This posting about the lace on your laundry room door is gorgeous! Your laundry room /powder room is GORGEOUS! LOVE the slider door w/industrial look!!! We do have some same interests I can see!! Yeah! We downsized from a farmhouse on 6 acres (loved and miss) to this cottage (pre-retirement!) I am looking forward to seeing more posts..past and future! Your daughters are beautiful and the wedding as well (I love intimate weddings...breathtaking scenery) Like you and Gary, Ken and I are trying to finish most of the inside work and of course, the outside is waiting! I'm so happy to have a new follower and I am your newest follower too! It's nice to know there are other people who have "tackled" the renovation giant...in your case many times! Blessings for a wonderful week~~~Roxie

Catherine Holman said...

It's always so much fun to see my artwork in your beautiful home. The ivy panel is beautiful and a great solution!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Your lace panel is beautiful with all of the delicate detail. Now you CANNOT run into it!

Congrats on your ETSY and I see you have sold three things already. Way to go!!!!

When you need a day to relax, head up to Sutter Creek. You will love it there and all of the lovely old homes are an added plus for eye candy.

Happy week my friend! Miss you, too.

b.

Marissa said...

Love lace!
Missed the wedding post jut got caught up. Beautiful bride ..it was gorgeous ...

Julie Nichols said...

Your lace panel looks beautiful.
Hi Elizabeth...I am so glad I found your blog. Thank you for the visit to mine. I am your newest follower..Nice to have a new bloggy friend!!
xo
Julie

Miss Jean said...

Love it!!!!!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Elizabeth,
So you actually must have broken the glass and really hurt yourself... Too bad, it did look very neat but you solved it in a soft and romantic 'no more hurting' way!
Hugs,
Mariette

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

this is just lovely! What a great idea :)

Melinda said...

Sorry to hear about the door incident. Hope you didn't get hurt.

Love the lace. So pretty.

M : )

Sandy said...

Lovely lace! I like glass doors and the lace makes it safer.

Alison Agnew said...

Very pretty, and congratulations on opening your Etsy store! And thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
Nancherrow

Tea in the Library said...

Such a pretty panel. I need a new one for my back door but have not seen any as pretty as yours. Pets to Shiloh- what a sweetie!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Elizabeth, the added lace is lovely! I can see me walking into that glass door as well.l ol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Ana said...

Oh Elizabeth,
The lace looks perfect on the door. Great solution to your situation...and a pretty one too :-) A very happy National Doggie Day to Shiloh...Doggie kisses.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤️Ana

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Elizabeth,
For getting rid of that many emails from Pirate King... Please do change your setting so you and all others don't receive as much SPAM comments in the mail... S.v.p. click this link: {HOW I Managed the Spam Comments so far...}
Hugs,
Mariette

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I do love your home, Elizabeth! You put together so many different fabric patterns and they all look fabulous!
xoxo
Robin

Burlap Luxe said...

Love the cottage feel to the lace, love the charm of your home :)

Xx
Dore

Unknown said...

what a beautiful door panels. Nice finishing. Great color selection. Job well done.
best personal trainer in houston

Cindy said...

Hello dear lady,
Your lace and ivy sheer is gorgeous on that door.
Hugs, Cindy

La Petite Gallery said...

I love blue eyed dogs. Great post.
Beautiful lace. yvonne

Linda said...

Beautiful!

La Petite Gallery said...

Hope all is going well. I am looking at my 3 snow storm for 2015.
yvonne

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Elizabeth! I just read your comment on my blog and I hope you are okay. I think of you so often! Lots of love and Happy Easter to you and yours.

Becky

Barbara Beach said...

I don't have a blog myself but I love your blog ... and your home! Makes me want to move in...LOL. Hope all is well with you and yours and just wanted to say you are missed.

La Petite Gallery said...

Oh those blue eyed dogs, I lost my blue eyed Dalmatian. Still cry over him
Enjoy the Fall Maine is so awesome this whole week is beautiful. The colors are gorgeous. yvonne