PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Where do I Begin

Where do I begin, I know its been a very long time since I've posted. At last post I had been sharing with you a home Gary and I purchased and renovated. Shortly after renovation we put the house up for sale and in the escrow process of the sale of the home my beloved Dad passed away unexpectedly, this was a shock to our family that broke our hearts.
Many of you know my sister passed away also very unexpectedly so the pain of her death and then Dads was just so sad , it left me pondering about  what was important in life at this time and it was helping my Mom get through another lose.
I have a amazing  and loving brother and husband that has been there everyday to help.
My blog needed to take the back burner. During the time I have been away I have received a few personal notes asking about where I have been, I can't tell you how sweet and thoughtful this was and without you knowing what was going on in my life you reached out to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart!.
I'm back now and feel ready to blog again. Thank you dear friends and all of you that have hung in there with me and did  not stop reading my blog.


So for my first Post of 2015 ( a little late LOL)
I would like to share with you the home Gary and I purchased brand new !, our first new home ever (well we did have a brand new condo once) this is a house.
 We moved into our home in Dec. The builders had landscaped a  standard  front yard, Gary and I know the house needed some charm and definitely needed shutters. Paul our daughters boyfriend who I have written about in many posts, is an amazing carpenter! told us he would build our shutters for us. I kinda knew what I wanted but needed to find a picture so Pinterest was my go to website to find just that.
 These were the ticket! So Paul began to design our shutters to look like these little beauties.
 And here they are
 Gary lent a hand while Paul was installing.
 I was smiling from ear to ear at these lovely shutters, they couldn't be more perfect!

 Many of you who live in California know our state is in a drought, the storage of water has us all on high alert and we have been changing our landscape to help with the drought, we have added more rock and taken out some of the grass in the front yard. Later I will show the back yard and the ways we have landscape to help with the water shortage.
Paul, Gary and I thought the house still needed more, so Paul and Gary said lets put shutters over all the X's, so that is what we did.
 Now our track home looks more custom and softens all the rock. I can't wait for all the trees to grow and the landscape to mature.

Thank you again for hanging in there with me, I look forward to visiting with you all. I have really missed you!

Have a sweet day, and tell your family you love them

Sharing this post with:

Kim - Savvy Southern Style - WOW us Wednesday

16 comments:

Ana said...

E&G I'm sorry for your losses. It is something, as you know, you never quite get over. Prayers for comfort! Your home is beautiful! Those shutters make it even prettier! Paul is quite the artist! Blessings!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Goodness I'm so sorry about the loss of your sister and dad. It's never easy but log two loved ones so close together is especially traumatic. Bless your mom's heart- I can't imagine her sorrow.
Your new home is wonderful and I adore the shutters! You chose a perfect look and your daughter's boyfriend did a perfect job with them. Glad your back and I hope we'll get some peeks inside soon! Obviously I missed some posts because I didn't know you sold that last home!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elizabeth! I'm so so sorry to hear of your losses. You've been missed but you were where you needed to be. My heart and prayers go out to you. Your new house is so lovely! Love all of the rock work on it and those shutters really look marvelous. How smart to put them over the Xs too! Just take your time and we'll be here when your post. Take care care of you.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

So sorry to hear of your loss! My Dad died unexpectedly in February. I know how things have to take a backseat to real life. Hope you are finding happier days!

Stacey said...

Oh no, so much at one time. I'm sorry about your dad. That must really be hard.

Your new house is beautiful! You were right about the shutters outside. They look fantastic!

Melinda said...

Hello-
So good to see you are back.
But very sorry to hear about your Dad.
I remember when your sister passed.
Blessings and prayers for you and your
family.

I guess I didn't realize you had sold your
previous home. This one looks lovely and
I am looking forward to your new posts.

Take care and know that we are here.

M : )

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I know you have wonderful memories that will help in your time of sorrow.

Your new home looks great. I love the shutters. You and Gary are a lot like Mr. Comforts and me, with all of this selling and moving!

Catherine Holman said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Elizabeth. I'll be praying for your family and your new home is beautiful and so are those new shutters. It's so good to hear from you.

Miss Jean said...

It is certainly wonderful to have you back! I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I know from experience how devastating that is and the need to step back and regroup.

I can't wait to see what you do with your new home. Love the shutters! As we know, God is in the details.

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Elisabeth and Gary,
Can't believe what all has happened since your last post from August, 2014...
So sorry for the loss of your dear Dad. Very sad indeed and I personally know how it feels as I lost my dear Mom on January 27...
Life goes on but I had no idea that you both had to deal with one more move! That's almost too much to handle on top of all the emotional things!
Paul created lovely shutters for your new home and the section that you converted from grass to little flower bed, adds a lot of charm to the home as well.
Compliments and let's hope that now you will both have some more time to relax and enjoy the things of life.
Sending you a big hug and blessings, also for your Mom.
Mariette

Ana said...

Oh my goodness Elizabeth,
I can't believe it's been almost a year since you last posted and It is so nice to see you are posting again. Your new house is beautiful. I can't wait to see more. Hope you share. Sending you and Gary a great big hug. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Much love,
❤️Ana

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I was so happy to see you had stopped by and commented. Those shutters are just the prettiest and most charming I have ever seen. And then to add the small ones over the x's is perfect.
I am anxious to see what you are going to do with your front yard. Living in Riverside California we just recieved a letter of warning about the water and when we can water and not water. Neighbors have begun reporting neighbors. Our sprinklers are in the middle of the parkway and should be on the edge and only watering half but instead some goes into the street and it's worrying us.
We want to dig up a lot of the grass and lay in garden brick. It just seems a huge undertaking for us and Howard can't do some of the things he used to do. He is 81, almost 82 and we are both slowing down a lot. We used to be frowned on if the grass was brown..and now if it's green..we get looked at.
It's so nice to see you are back..I don't post very often any more. I'll be back to see you and how you have progressed. It's already showing what you have in mind for it.

Vee said...

You are always up to big doings! Your updates on this new home look wonderful.

I am so sorry that your family has suffered another loss so soon. It is not easy so soon.

Thanks for popping by so I'd know you're here. I pay no attention to my blog reader anymore; I post only two or three times a week.
Everything changes...

Sandy said...

So sorry to hear about the sudden passing of your Dad. My prayers to you and your family especially your Mom. I know how hard this time is for you and especially with the stress of moving too.
Your new home is lovely. Love the shutters Paul made for you. Our builder still hasn't painted our garage doors or our shutters and need less to day the shutters aren't hung yet either. And we have been here over three months. Our shutters are brown too. Or will be. Today our window drapes and shades were installed for a few rooms. A little bit every day. We have had such a rainy summer here. Barely any sunny days. So tired of the dirt. Hope to get it landscaped in the fall. Looking forward to seeing more of your new home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, just discovered today that you are back! I had hoped when the time was right for you and your family that you would blog again.....and here you are. Can't wait to see what you do with this new home with your creative touch!
Helen

Fashions said...

great work!