PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, April 1, 2012

~Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies~

Happy Monday to you all !
Recently a very special girl who we have known since she was just a young'n and now is a Mommy and a new bride Mrs. Benson. Jaclynn and Dan were married in Las Veges.
 They celebrated with friends and family in a reception at their home with home made goodness! The dessert table was full of yummy deliciousness. The ladies all helped fill the dessert table. I made carrot cake whoopie pies. While the batter was put into the oven,

 I took the time to sit  and sip on a hot cup of tea and thumb through one of my new magazine's.
 It helps to make the time go by while waiting for the timer to go off on the oven.
 So all the top and bottoms were baked and it was time for the filling, I sure do love my kitchen aid how in the world did I ever live without this beautiful baby!
 Just look at her whip that pie filling around..
 And the filling is done and ready to spread on the whoopie pies.
 Gary came into the kitchen to help me fill the bottoms of the whoopie pies and put them together and to lick the
 bowl that was full of vanilla and cream cheese filling..the filling was soooo goood..
 And here they are in all there yummyness.
 The whooopie pies turn out so soft they just melt in your mouth!

 We wrapped them up and took them to celebrate with Jaclynn and Dan.
 Our daughter Desire' baked chocolate cookies and snickerdoodle cookies.
 Jaclynn made the cupcakes they were too pretty to eat..and our daughter Bernadette and boyfriend Seth made the vanilla and chocolate mini pies.
The dessert table was a feast for the eyes and the hips..I hope your weekend was as yummy as ours was.
Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies recipe HERE

I used spice cake and omitted the shredded carrots. I also doubled the recipe.

Have a sweet week...
[signature.gif]

15 comments:

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Ohhhh! Those look so delicious. I am going to get the recipe. The whole dessert buffet is mouth watering. Your daughters Snicker Doodles look a lot better than mine. Sometime maybe you can share her recipe too.
Wishing you a happy weekend.

Vee said...

Is that even legal? Wow. What a beautiful dessert table. You've got my gears turning!

Susan Freeman said...

Wow ~ do those look yummy!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Karie said...

Oh, boy do they look good. Wish I had one right now. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I am going to attempt to make some. Hugs, Karie

Miss Jean said...

I can't wait to try these!

Cindy said...

I love Whoopie Pies, thanks for a new recipe for them.
Yours look fabulous and the other desserts do too!
Hugs, Cindy

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Elizabeth,

Love the way you write this... and the ending: it was a feast for the eyes and for the hips!
Being Diabetic type II this is forbidden of course but it is fun to read and to watch this post.
Love to you,

Mariette

Debbie Kay said...

Those looks absolutely divine. Lovely presentation.

Smiles,

Debbie

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Yum! Yum! Yum! 'Nough said!

Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

I just loosened my belt ... yum! Recipe share for the whoppee pies.

Happy Easter sweet Elizabeth ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Diane said...

Wow, those look fantastic, I am going to give it a try! Awesome post. Diane

One Shabby Old House said...

Yummy! That was quite a production and it all looked fabulous.
Congratulations to the newlyweds.
Hugs

Sandy said...

Your cookies look delicious! I wish I had one to eat right now. I want to wish you and Gary most blessed Easter!

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

FANTASTIC idea!
Cannot wait to try these.
You are one sweet lady to make so many.
I bet the bride was thrilled.
:)
xox
A

Anonymous said...

It all looks delicious! Now I have a whole list of goodies I want to make. :-)