PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Little Bit of Spring & Mr. Bunny


  Easter Blessing's to you all... and happy Spring, it's beginning to look a lot like spring has sprung around our little cottage.. I just have to tell you, since I have been  bursting my buttons not only cuz I have been eating way to many goodies, but also because I won Mr. Bunny  after putting my name into the hat over at Jeniffer's blog  "The Old Painted Cottage"  I won the burlap bunny made and created by Laurie from "Bella Inspirations"  and Mr. Bunny is even cuter in person! I love him to pieces. I have been smiling from ear to ear every time I look at him. Thank you so much Jeniffer and Laurie you two girls are so sweet and I feel so lucky and honored to have Mr. Burlap Bunny living at "Home is Where the Heart is".
 He has the cutest whiskers and adorns a tie and crown around his neck..very stylish indeed for a french bunny.


 Every Easter I bring out the bunny head candles..I know it sounds so morbid, but I think they are so cute.
 We can't forget the true meaning of Easter and what the palm leaves represent.
 Spring has given us new life and flowering tulips. I adore white tulips, did you know if you drop a penny into the water it will perk up your tulips.
My Orchids are in full bloom, I think they are one of the most beautiful flowers God has created for us.
 Now I know so many say NO NO to "faux" flowers but I really like them and have them throughout my home along with fresh flowers.
 I love  how the sunflower brightens up a room even if they are "faux"
I am looking forward to spending some time relaxing and reading my favorite magazines and gazing out into the back yard, listening to the waterfall and watching the new baby birds leaning to fly and landing on the rocks to sip 
 water. Its so darn adorable. I pray this week brings you all peace and your hearts are filled with joy.

 [signature.gif]

15 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That burlap bunny is adorable! What a perfect place to read.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

The flowers are beautiful. I especially like the bouquet in the silver coffee server. I have never seen bunny head candles either. Fun!

Unknown said...

Elizabeth your music box is fabulous! It brings back many memories of us winding up Mother's, so similar to this one. I have no problem with silk flowers ... yours are lovely. Love your final picture of relaxation amongst the beautiful quilts. Bun-bun will be darling throughout the year in your decor.

Have a beautiful day.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Betty said...

What a wondeful post. I love Mr. Bunny and all your beautiful flowers, but most of all I love your little sitting area with the beautiful quilts.

EllenaElizabeth said...

I love the red, white and blue quilt on the cane couch/daybed/?? Lovely photo. Thanks for sharing.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Things look spring around your home. I always leave some of my bunnies out after easter.

Connie said...

Elizabeth, come over today and view our exciting news, sweetpea!!!
xoxo,
Connie

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Your home looks so pretty all decked out for Easter and spring, Elizabeth.
Love orchids too... they are so stunning. It's so nice seeing the flowers in your home. They add so much to a room!

Now on to read about carrot cake whoopie pies? OMG.
Those have got my name written ALL over them for sure!

:)
xox
A

Jenna said...

Hi Elizabeth and Gary! :O) Thank you so much for visitimg me today..I love your bunny stuff too! I especially love the bunny head candles...I have enjoyed them since the first time you did a post on them...Your blog post is so springish, it's cold here in my neck of the woods and a bit on the cloudy side so your blog has brightened my day for sure. Have a very nice evening! Hugs Jennifer

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Lucky you! That is a cute bunny. Love the burlap. Your flowers just shout Spring. I didn't know that trick about tulips. Your faux flowers look so real. I love my fauxs too. The last picture is my favorite. I would love to sit and read and enjoy the view in your sweet chair and if it is a little cool, I would snuggle under your sweet quilt.

Cindy said...

Hello dear Elizabeth,
What a darling little rabbit you have won, congratulations!
I love the flowers that you have, if you had not told us we would not have known that any of them were faux. Your home looks so cheerful and cozy. I like your touches of red, red has a way of bringing cheer to a room, don't you think?
Have a beautiful week.
Hugs, Cindy

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Such beautiful decorating!!! Mr. Bunny looks amazing in your pics- he must be awesome in person. :) The bunny head candles are adorable and that chaise looks like a wonderful spot to read 'n relax!

retrorevival.biz said...

Lucky you! The bunny is so pretty! And thanks for the tulip/penny tip ~ who knew?!

~Cindy

Debbie Kay said...

Hello Elizabeth,

I say "yes" to faux flowers.......they are easy to care for and always make me smile.....just like your blog!

Debbie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I missed a LOT when I missed this post..it's adorable. That bunny..ohhh..I would love to have one like that. I would try to make one but I would just mess it up!