PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Yum - Yum - Yummy


 Wishing you all a very happy and sweet Monday. For this Monday's post I wanted to share with you all a most delicious recipe from Na-Da Farms Life with Anne Marie   The recipe is Strawberry-Banana Bread and boy Oh boy is it out of  this world yummy!!!.  My family loved it and Gary said (you can make this one again babe! with a mouth full :)

(You can click on Na-Da-Farm above and print the recipe) This recipe is from the Na-Da Farm Kitchen.  Ann Marie shared her recipe on her blog and when I saw and read the recipe I knew I had to try and bake one. I am not the best cook, but this was fun and easy to bake and it sure was a hit with the family.

 This was the first time I baked in my new oven. I had so much fun baking this recipe, so on with the ingredients and away we go. Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees
 Grease 2 - 9x5x3 inch loaf pans, set aside ..I used Crisco to grease mine
 Add 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda (oops forgot to snap a photo of the baking soda, but then you all know what baking soda looks like, silly me)
1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
 Add the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk all together
 4 eggs
 Beat eggs with whisk, and pour into another bowl
 Add 2 cups sugar to eggs
 I love this little sticker
 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
 Add bananas to eggs and sugar (the wet ingredients)
 1/2 cup cooking oil (vegetable oil - sunflower oil - canola oil) I used canola oil
 Add oil to eggs, bananas and sugar

 Wash and slice 3 cups of fresh strawberry's
Now add the strawberries to eggs, sugar, bananas and oil (wet ingredients)


 Now add the bowl of wet ingredients (eggs, sugar, oil, bananas and strawberries) into the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt)
 Chop 2 cups pecans or walnuts ( I used pecans)
 Stir in chopped nuts
 Now pour batter into loaf baking pans
 and put into oven to bake for 60 minutes and let the good yummy smell of home made strawberry-banana bread fill your home with sweet deliciousness 
 So while the bread was in the oven baking I washed the dishes
 Worked on a quilt I'm sewing,  and soon the hour had passed  and the bread was ready to take out of the oven
 Let the bread rest in the pans for 15 minutes then remove and cool on rack
 Can you smell them...so so so good.....
Slice yourself a warm piece of bread and enjoy!!! I cut  two pieces and shared one with Gary...

~A little thought to leave you with this week~
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it" - Danny Kaye


[signature.gif]

18 comments:

Jan Hermann said...

Yummy!! Great recipe - thanks for sharing it!

Jan ♥

Betty said...

You read my mind today. I baked two zuchini breads and was doing some sewing. What sewing machine do you have? I like what I see.

The quilt and breads look good.

Vee said...

Looks great. I'd never heard of the combination in bread before, though I'm sure it is delish. Your quilt is intriguing, too.

Barbara F. said...

This bread looks delicious. I love bananas and strawberries together for breakfast or a snack. The quilt is so pretty. Have a great week. xo

Leslie said...

MmmMmm, wish I had a slice! What beautiful loaves chock full of goodness!
Blessings,
Leslie

Cindy said...

Oh my! That does look delicious and it sounds so wonderful!!!
Anything looks good in your pretty kitchen with that gorgeous stove.
Thanks for praying for my daughter, she is doing very well.
Hugs, Cindy

mariondee-designs said...

I have a recipe very similar for the banana bread and my family all love it. Will definately have to try it with the nuts and strawberries! thanks for sharing, maryann

Miss Jean said...

Oh, YUM!!!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Catherine Holman said...

THanks for the recipe and I love the quote too!
Hugs,
Cathie

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Elizabeth,
How yummy! I love you yellow stove. Is it vintage? I love my 1965 Flair!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to tell my Mom about this recipe. She loves banana bread, but I bet she would enjoy it with the strawberries even better. Looks like a fun quilt you're working on. I've always wanted to make one, but never have tried. Hope you have a great week!

Ana said...

Yummy, yum, yum. But how can you bake in this heat? Baking is off limits here in the summer...No air conditioning :-( Maybe in our next virtual coffee get together you can share some of this yummy bread? :-) Sending you a great big hug.

Love ya,
❤Ana

Melinda said...

Sounds really yummy!

Enjoy your Tuesday.

:)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your thought at the end of this is perfect for me today. I have 5 painters painting my house this morning...they are everywhere! lol yummy recipe! Is there any left? heehee!

Unknown said...

What a yummy recipe. I missed that on Na-Da Farms. Glad I caught it over here.

Love the quilts you do, Elizabeth. And that plate is gorgeous.

So love Danny Kay.

Have a lovely eve ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

We just came in with a half lug of fresh Strawberries..and I am going to make this! It sounds fantastic..and I have all the ingredients! (I usually don't!)
Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to pass this on to us!
Stove??? That's a dream come true!
I have to go find a full picture of it. I've been lost in the real world for awhile..gotta catch up. :)
You two are alright heat wise?? HOT here!
Hugs,
Mona

Lois' Laughlines said...

I have mad love for your cute yellow stove/oven. The bread looks delish and the quilt adorable. You have been busy.
blessings to you

Anne Marie said...

yeah!! I'm so glad you liked it!!! makes me want to go bake some when it cools off - there is not a chance that I'm turning on that oven to 350* for at least a few more days....wow is it hot over here!