PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 25, 2009

~ Front Room Re-Do after Christmas ~

Before the Christmas re-decorating.
Before the Christmas re-decorating. I think I like the new way better, its more cheerful to me. What do you think?.




After Christmas re-arranging - Our Christmas tree stood where the red chair is now and the oak coffee table that we had in the front room is now at our daughter Desire' home. The rose pillows on the plaid couch were on my creamy white couch that is in the family room also the rug was in the family room, Gary and I just moved the rugs around. The white coffee table was in the family room too. All the colors and fabric prints throughout our home will mix and match to every room,this way I don't get as board looking at the same thing in the same room. I love to just move a chair or pillow from room to room.
Just look at this sweet Victorian chair Gary and I found while shopping down town Modesto. The Store we fell in love with and have already been back to buy more things. The store is called "Antique Emporium". Gary and I highly recommend if you are ever in Modesto to go and visit this wonderful eclectic emporium. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, they are open 7 days a week and have two floors to browse. This chair was dated around 1890. I fell in love with the navy blue and red fabric that was used to re-upholster it. The chair even came with the red "Good Tidings" pillow. We had such a great time shopping there that last weekend when my sister Margo was visiting we took her there and she too fell in love with the store.

Gary and I would like to thank those of you who asked about us and why we hadn't blogged in a while. We are back now and in good health except for the cold that everyone seems to have right now. I sure enjoy blogging and meeting new friends, it is a big blogging world at there.
Take care until we meet again while blogging,
Elizabeth and Gary

8 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love the changes you made. It looks brighter and cheerier now! Hope all is well with you and Gary...
Hugs,
Penny

Cottage Rose said...

I love the changes you made, it really looks so airy and bright.

Hope you all feel better soon.

Hugs;
Alaura

vintage girl at heart said...

I love it!! THat red couch..oh my goodness!!!! Your Home is so charmingly fresh and cozy!!! Everything looks so bright and cheery..all ready for a magazine layout!!

Catherine Holman said...

Thanks Elizabeth! Your front room redecorating is wonderful. It's so cheery and bright. I love red and white too.
Hugs,
Cathie

Pink Slippers said...

We have all those yucky colds here. Your home is truly beautiful.

Proverbs3122 said...

Your house is lovely. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment for me. :-)

Joanne Kennedy said...

Hi,

I'm happy you stopped by for a visit at my blog today. I love your living room. It's so pretty and cozy feeling! Love the red!

Hugs,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous home! I love all the red and white. So homey and inviting. :) I'll be stopping by often.