PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 28, 2014

Heart Of The Home ~ Our Kitchen



 Well Hello there! I am so sorry I have been absent from my blog for so long. So many changes have taken place. During the move and remolding our youngest daughter Bernadette became Mrs. Dinehart, just last weekend April 19, 2014. Gary and I are so pleased and love our new Son...I will show you pictures of the wedding very soon.
Gary and I are also finely in our home and we wanted to share with you " The Heart of the Home" Our kitchen. This post is picture heavy (sorry) it was really hard for me to choose the right pictures to show you.
The first two pictures are how our kitchen looks now, below are the before, during construction and then completion.

 We chose mission style cabinets that were custom designed, GE Cafe appliances and a farm house sink.
Gary and I love brick and wanted to incorporate it throughout our home. We used the brick as a back splash and behind the glass cabinets, to highlight the brick we had LED lights installed. The knobs and faucet are high polished chrome. Vintage drop lighting over the breakfast counter and can lighting in the ceiling.
We used our go to paint colors that we have used before Cozy Cottage on the walls, Swiss Coffee for trim and ceiling, cabinets Dove White.
There are pull outs in every cabinet and easy close doors and drawers.
The counters are quartz in Polor White. I love our kitchen so much it's everything I ever dreamed of!

BEFORE Photos ~ We had the counters extended from 5ft to 8ft, removed the bulk ceiling and moved the refrigerator from the stove side and extended the counter over to the wall and added more cabinets. The refrigerator now is on the sink side.
 BEFORE Photos
 BEFORE Photos
 BEFORE Photos

 DURING Construction

 Behind the door is a half bath and laundry room.
 Gary is in the plaid shirt, Charlie is in the beige shirt he is our General contractor and Jeff wearing a black Tee shirt is our cabinet contractor. Measure five times cut once...
 Ripping out the ceilings is such a messy job...

 Cabinets being installed, before paint

 Lots of he-man muscle...



 Kevin wearing the brown tee shirt is our all around talented Lead contractor he did all the finish work also installed all the trim throughout our home and painted all the cabinets. I think he must have been very tired of Gary and I day after day bugging him with questions..and there's Jeff installing the cabinets he made for us.
 Jeff surprised me with the slots in the cabinet above the refrigerator, they are nice and deep and hold all my long serving trays..Thank you Jeff!!






 Jesus is the owner of Concept Marble by Design  they are located in Stockton Calif. Such a great guy! his shop fabricated all the counters in the kitchen and bathrooms for us. We highly recommend him.
 The brick during installation, we even had a brick wall laid in the dinning room. Also under the counter no scuff marks will show on this brick wall.


 Countertop day!!! I was so excited! Things are coming along, you see the trim around the windows and the new french doors.




 Appliance day the big daddy was being installed.
 We have a Kitchen!


 The glass window door leads to the half bath and laundry room I will show you pictures soon of this room.

 I love love love the brick behind the cabinets it gives the kitchen a loft look.





















 The faucet is by Delta and is a touch tap faucet The flat chrome button on the left is the garbage disposal
button, its really cool!








 We are still working on purchasing counter stools and furniture placement..but for now we are just so happy
 to be in living in our home
 Don't you just love Jeff's tee-shirt the logo Wood Butcher Inc. is his company's name.

And of course our little Australian Shepherd Shiloh kept watch day after day barking at everyone..he too is very happy to be in his house again.
I hope you all have a great week, sending love and hugs to you all.


Joining in on the following parties;

Susan-Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday

Kathryn-The Dedicated House Make it Pretty Monday

Mary-Boogieboard Cottage Masterpiece Monday 

Brenda-Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday

Marty-A Stroll Thru Life Inspire me Tuesday

Kim-Savvy Southern Style WOW Us Wednesdays

Courtney - French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Friday 

Sherry- The Charm of Home Home Sweet Home Party Friday


32 comments:

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Elizabeth and Gary,
WOW, what a great endresult you show here. After biting all that dust and lots of perseverance it came through!
Hope the brick back splash is also practical for cleaning purposes behind the stove. It looks very warm and I love your white kitchen.
Hugs,
Mariette

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Amazing and incredible! You guys have a lot to be proud of! Love the counters, sink and fabulous refrigerator! Removing he bulkhead in the kitchen made a huge improvement and the custom cabinetry is wonderful! I like the brick showing through the cabinetry- it does give the feeling of a loft! Can't wait to see the rest!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

What a beautiful kitchen! I love all the changes you've made. Beautiful!

Becky said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!! Can't wait to see more!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Elizabeth!! WOW! I love, love, love your beautiful kitchen. The brick just makes it perfect. I am looking forward to seeing the rest of your beautiful new home.

Thanks for the visit and sweet words about my magazine photo shoot! It was the thrill of a lifetime!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love, love your new kitchen too! Everything from the White cabinets to the appliances is gorgeous, my friend. I'm so happy for you cause I know how it feels to have the kitchen of your dreams, we did ours 4 years ago and I still pass by it and love it!

FABBY

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, Elizabeth! Your new kitchen is just spectacular! I love it and I know how thrilled you must be! Everything is just stunning. Now don't you cook up anything and mess it up! :) Am I jealous? Well, maybe a lot! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Mari said...

Your kitchen transformation is simply gorgeous woweeee what a beautiful kitchen....

Smiles~
Mari

Melanie said...

I love how it is looking! What did you do with your vintage refrigerator from the last house?

Catherine Holman said...

I somehow managed to miss your last two posts that mentioned you were moving. I love the brick, especially at the back of the cabinets. I will have to share those pictures with my husband who is a brick salesman. He's been trying to get me to put brick or stone in our kitchen. Everything looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful kitchen transformation!

Melinda said...

Everything is so pretty!

It is good to see a post from you.

M :)

MONICA LIVAS said...

Amazing! Great transformation!

Miss Jean said...

Wow! It turned out just beautifully!! I would have never thought of bricks in the cupboards - genius! Can you tell me who makes the different paint cupboards. That is the perfect cabinet color - white but soft.

Vee said...

Well hello! Thank you for stopping by today so I'd know you were here. It is very easy to see that you have been extremely busy and have had little time for blogging. No wonder at all! Everything is looking beautiful. You always do an amazing job of remodeling. I also loved the fact that you returned to your tried and true colors, which reminds me that I should write some of mine down. Warm best wishes to the newlyweds, too!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, talk about impressive. I love, love, love your new kitchen. It is totally amazing. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so nice to hear from you and catch up on some of your news. How exciting that your daughter is married now...can't wait to see the photos! And your kitchen is amazing! I love white cabinets and that's what I have here in Florida. I need a new sink...wonder if I could get one like yours. It looks great! Enjoy your week! Post pics of the wedding soon! Hugs, Diane

The Charm of Home said...

Your kitchen is beautiful! Great remodel!

Alicia said...

QUE AMOR!!!!
TIENE CARA DE PENA.
SALUDITOS

AnneMarie said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous. Love the exposed brick, Belfast sink, love everything. Really is the Heart of the Home! Congratulations.
Lots of love Annemarie xxx

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Absolutely stunning kitchen. Love the white cabinets and brick backsplash!

Chris said...

You two are just so creative! The kitchen is gorgeous!

Chris

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

Wow! Your new kitchen looks great. I love the brick; my grandpa was a brick layer so I think I have a soft spot for it. I like how you had it as the backsplash for the glass door cabinets. Thanks for sharing, linking through savvy southern style.

Sandy said...

You have been busy! I love your new home and your new kitchen! I adore white kitchen, farm sinks and glass cabinet doors. And how sweet to get the tray dividers cabinet. Thanks for showing all the steps. Can't have too many photos. Have fun in your new kitchen.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh...I came back and I'm still admiring your awesome new kitchen and I love the brick look in the back of the upper cabinets and back splash...it's great!
Thanks for visiting me. I just wanted to tell you that I am from NY, Astoria-Queens and I live in Ecuador since I got married with my GREAT Mr. Living! I am of Ecuadorian background too.
I do remember Spring cleaning with my mom, but now I clean when I have to, caz I live in a Spring kind of weather almost all year round, therefore, cleaning time is cleaning time for me, lol!
Have a nice weekend.
FABBY

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Elizabeth and Gary!!!!

STUNNING Remodel!! Simply stunning!!

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words!!

hugs,
Deb

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh, it is quite lovely! How happy you must be!! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features tonight at The Sunday Showcase. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/05/sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash tomorrow! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

The Charm of Home said...

Elizabeth this is just gorgeous! I love the brick all the way up the wall to be seen through the cabinets! Lovely!
Sherry

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

Wow. Wow. Wow. I love your kitchen remodel. I've been talking to my husband for month's now about installing a white wash backsplash in our kitchen. Now that I see it in your kitchen, it confirms that I love it :0)
Thanks so much for sharing!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Suzanne

Stacey said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything you did.

Kim said...

Wow! I love, love, love that brick behind the glass, too!! :)

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Oh my goodness, there is not one single thing that is not just perfect! It turned out amazing, and congrats for withstanding the chaos of construction!