PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, November 22, 2009

~What I did this Weekend~

I spent my weekend finishing up sewing projects and using up the rest of the toile fabric I had made the dinning room chair slip covers out of and the pillows for the cream couch in the front room.

This is a 18x18 pillow I made using the left over toile and what was left of Grandmas stitching that I had previously used for the pillow I had made out of drop cloth for our bedroom.
Then I decided to cover the ottoman in our bedroom, originally I was going to use the drop cloth fabric, but I didn't have enough and I did not want to run out to the hardware store to buy more, so I thought I would just use what I had. I am not sure if I like it or not.. since I really wanted to make the ottoman slip cover out of drop cloth. I think I'll have to make another slip cover with the drop cloth when I'm able to sew again.

Then I needed to finish up with a baby gift for my niece, she is having a baby boy who's name will be Logan in Dec.. This is a simple blanket made out of two yards of fleece fabric, this is a blanket I make a lot since all my little ones in our family enjoy cuddling up in them.


So are you wondering why I wanted to spend my "Whole" weekend sewing?, well I will be off my feet for a while recuperating from foot surgery. Yes indeed I will be sporting a pair of crutches for two months and wearing the most fashionable shoe.
My surgery will be on Nov. 24th. I will be off work for two months. No sewing or spinning yarn for me, but I will be doing a lot of hand stitching, knitting and crochet on the couch.

Gary and I went to the yarn store so I could stock up on projects, and I decided to make a afghan for my very first give a way, I am hoping to make my 100th post soon since I'll be off work and I will have more time to post. So stay tuned for my 100th post.

I also took a lot of photo's this weekend, so I could have something to post until I can get around to take pictures.

I wonder if this very chic shoe comes in "Red".

16 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Oh Elizabeth! So sorry about your having foot surgery. Sounds like yopur already though...crutches, shoe and plenty of yarn!!! We'll I'll be thinking of you and praying for the fastest recovery in history!!! I thought of you yesterday...We were in Holland with our kids and
Grands enjoying a festival and in the Market place a man was spinning and another making soxs with a sox spinning machine...Amazing! He finished a sox in 15 min. I almost fell over! It takes me a week to finish a sox by hand. Very interesting and he was so sweet to our Grandchildren, showing them photos of his sheep and all. Well, you and Gary have a wonderful Thanksgiving week, xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

BECKY said...

Hi Elizabeth! Ya know what? You are so pretty it just doesn't matter what color that new stylish shoe of yours is!! You will make it look great!!

Know that I am praying for you gal and keep us posted, ok? So sorry you have to go through this, but so thankful they can fix whatever it is that is bothering your foot! We can always find something to be glad about in these situations!!

It does indeed sound like you are prepared! I'd get a stack of magazines, too!! Oh and tell Gary you need a maid as well!! :o)

Much love to you sweet friend!!
Do as the Drs say, ok?
Love and prayers
Becky

BECKY said...

OOOPs!! I left your blog and forgot to tell you that your pillow and ottoman are divine!! I wouldn't change the ottoman!! It looks so pretty and classy!! You did a great job!!

Love ya,
Becky

Sandy said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I love your blue toile - both the pillow and ottoman. I wouldn't do another one in drop cloth. I like the way you attached the lace around the top of the ottoman cover. One of these days I will post on our master suite - I have blue toile drapes (a different pattern than yours). I just love toile.

I'm sending lots of prayers to you for a speedy recovery from your foot surgery! It sounds like you have a plan to help pass the time while recovering.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Teacup Lane (Sandy)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope your surgery goes well. Take it easy when you get home! I love the pillows you made. The attention to detail really makes the difference. I need to learn to be more creative!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth! I hope your foot surgery goes very well and that you heal quickly with as little to no pain as possible.....I love all your sewing, your pillows are so pretty and your home is just lovely. I sure hope they have a red shoe for you, if not may be you can glue some red pretties on that one...Hugs & Love!! Jennifer

Happy@Home said...

I think you did a beautiful job on the pillow and the ottoman. Blue toile is so pretty. The baby blanket is adorable too. It does indeed look soft and cuddly.
I'm sorry to hear that you are going to have foot surgery. It will probably be hard to be off your foot that long especially at this busy time of the year, but it sounds like you are well prepared.
Several years ago I had foot surgery which required being off my feet completely for two months and then a couple more months in a walking cast and then I got one of those lovely shoes like yours :-) I will be thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your pillow turned out wonderful and I love the slipcovered ottoman too!

I am so sorry to hera about your foot surgery. I am wishing you a speedy recovery!
Hugs,
Penny

Melinda said...

I wish you the best on your surgery,will you be in the hospital for the holiday?
Keep us posted on your recuperation--Good Luck!

Melinda

prashant said...

Grands enjoying a festival and in the Market place a man was spinning and another making soxs with a sox spinning machine...


Web hosting india

Nancy Yoakum said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Surgery...tomorrow? Who is cooking the Turkey? Should I fly over? Hope all goes well for you, and you will be in my prayers!

I'm sure glad you have Gary to watch over you and make sure you have a pillow behind your back and a cup of tea while you get busy with your projects.

I love you pillows and the baby blanket lloks so cozy! I know it will be a treasured gift!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs, Nancy

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

So sorry about your bobo.....surgery is not fun....
I love your toile fabric...and your pillow turned out beautiful.....
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Oh my, Elizabeth! By now you've probably had your surgery so I sure hope you are doing okay.

Even though my life is crazy-hectic right now with the house in "Hooterville," I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your frequent visits and comments, and wish you a very happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. I sure do LOVE the blue toile pillow and stool!!! Gorgeous!

Beverly said...

I have been MIA for a couple of days and you have already had your foot surgery. I hope everything went well and am praying for a speedy recovery. You did a great job with the projects you finished. I love the pillows and ottoman you did out of "my" toile. You gave me an idea for pillow out of some of my scraps and old linens. Your ottoman makes me think of a picture I used to have of a "tuffet" I wanted to make for our bedroom. Baby blanket is so warm and cozy.
Guess we'll have to wait to see all the wonderful yarns you will be spinning someday.
Take care and keep posting about your recovery.

Mami said...

Hi,Elzabeth,You did nice sewings but you're poor on surgery..and you are still in bed at hospital. Hope you'll get speedy recovery soon. Take care.

Bev said...

Hi your matching pillow and ottoman are beautiful!! x