PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 24, 2011

~Raining like Cats and Dogs~

We had a rain storm today that was "crazy". I ran out side, I mean I ran to the front door with my trusty camera in hand and took some pictures for you all.. The rain was just coming down in sheets! you know the saying "its  raining cats and dogs"LOL. I didn't see any cats or dogs falling from the sky LOL. You can click on any photo to enlarge if you like..
The rain was washing away all the new mulch  Gary and I just put down a few weeks ago...

The earth was getting a good bath today. Who upset "Mother Nature" I want to know...LOL

I was so worried about my Camellia's..they were just blooming so pretty..The rain was coming down so hard it was flooding our front porch and all the flower beds. I couldn't go over to the side of house to check the other flower beds, unless I had a boat or fishing overalls... LOL...
Rain was just pouring out everywhere and thank goodness we had new gutters installed just about a month ago! Oh my sweet Camella's..they looked like they were drowning..



The rain had ceased for a while and the streets had flooded over the sidewalks and up to the lawns. Do you think anyone would like to buy some lake front property...HeHeHe :)

The white pipe sticking out is for the lamp post that Gary and I are going have put in..but now I think we better move it back further away from the sidewalk.



Our neighbors home was flooded up to the driveway.
Anyone have a broom I can borrow?...
Awe at least this pink beauty's made it. I was so surprised.

My poor drowned Camellia's..I hope they perk up...
 I took this picture from the back doors looking out to the pool area. The other side of the back yard where the  grass and patio are, was flooded as well! I didn't get a picture of that because the rain was coming into the living room when I opened the door...

So how's the weather in your part of the word! I thought it was suppose to be spring....LOL.
Stay warm and curl  up by the fire. That's what I going to do and watch "Off the Map" I love that show..we tape it every week because it comes on so late for us.  
Have a sweet weekend my friends.

[signature.gif]

17 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

Great minds think alike.. did you see my post today... crazy lake rain by me too! stay dry!!

Cindy said...

Yikes!!! That looks like quite the rainstorm!! It is still March and March in my mind means crazy unexpected, stormy weather.
Hope today is better! I haven't been around much lately because I have been sewing! I made one and have three more to make. I love dresses and I can't find any decent one's to buy, so I am making them!
Hugs, Cindy

Connie said...

All I can say is WOW, sugar! I didn't realize Modesto had THAT much rain.
xoxo,
Connie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That reminds me of when I lived in Florida. It would rain so hard you couldn't see through it. Streets would flood, etc. Then after the rain, within an hour the water would all drain away because of the sand.

It looks like you got tons of rain! Stay dry, sweet friend...
Hugs,
Penny

Catherine Holman said...

That must have been more than a little scary! Stay dry and don't float away!
Hugs,
Cathie

Vee said...

Oh that was a storm! Your poor posies and the mulch...ackk! When you can see the raindrops looking like arrows or darts...yup, a bad one. Hope that there's no permanent damage. What a cute photo of Superman over there in your sidebar.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my! You really did have a Lake!! You need a canoe or something. I hope it didn't ruin anything when the water came in.

Rita said...

You guys really did have a flood. It looks like my den did a couple of weeks ago ~ not so good! Hope it all dries up soon and your flowers bloom for you real good! My grandmother and granddad used to live in Modesto. My granddad is buried there.

Happy@Home said...

Wow, that is a lot of rain!! I had heard on the news yesterday that the west coast was going to be getting some wild, wet weather. You have just confirmed it.
I hope your mulch can be retrieved and your flowers don't suffer.
I'll have to check out "Off The Map".

The Cutest Cottage Lamps said...

My gosh that rain looks like you are in Florida! Your poor camelias! I guess the rain hasn't stopped in Californy, and the snow hasn't stopped in Oregony! I'm sure we will get our spring soon,
xoxo
Marilyn

Melinda said...

Oh goodness--lots of rain.
We are back to cold and some snowflakes today. It's supposed to be cool next week too.

Stay warm.

melinda

Miss Jean said...

Ah, good old Mo-town and their drains, or lack there of!

Sandy said...

That's a downpour! My, oh, my...all that water. I love your pool. We are thinking of having a water feature in our backyard maybe this year.

Lallee said...

Oh, my goodness Elizabeth! You got your lion's share of rain there. I could take some of it way over here for our new grass that we have to water two times a day! I hope you are drying out now.

THE.PAINTED.STUDIO said...

I love your back yard!!! The pool is lovely and the chairs out there POP. :)

ChaChaneen said...

Oh no, not again! We've got to petition your city for more storm drains. ha ha

All kidding aside, I'll gladly cozy on up near the fireplace! Sweeet!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my gooooodness! I'm so happy to hear the damage was minimal... I live in the Pacific Northwest.....and as you know.....it rains a LOT around these parts! :-)

Wishing you a blessed Easter...

Huggies,
Spencer